Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Liachem
    • Nov 2015

beyond help?

I was wondering if finasteride and noxiril would even work at this point. Heres a pick of what my hair looked like before? I went chrome dome. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1050.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	90.7 KB
ID:	477481 sorry picture is so tiny.... its just how the attacthment thing made it.
  • jamesst11
    • Jun 2014

I have seen people in your scenario benefit drastically from a combination of the two. Will you? No one knows. Fin and minox seem to work well on the crown and midscalp, so you could potentially thicken that up.

Comment

• Liachem
      • Nov 2015

thanks. I appreciate the encouragement. I just gotta break down and buy the pills.

Comment

• Falcon
        • Dec 2015

You could give it a try, I would also imagine that a combination would yield the best results.

There is a guy in this video, who made ok hair recovery
        Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

• Liachem
          • Nov 2015

I'm trying to avoid using Rogaine. It's to expensive to use permanently. Plus it really smells and is extremely messy. I will be using the other two though.

Comment

• PatientlyWaiting
            • Jan 2011

Here are some encouraging before and after photos of patients who want hair transplants but are first put on hair loss medication(minoxidil, finasteride).

Before & after photo results of patients who use Propecia and/or Rogaine to treat hair loss. Click to see photos of more than 100 patients.

I see you don't want to use Rogaine because of its price, why don't you use Kirklands minoxidil solution instead?

Comment

• jamesst11
              • Jun 2014

Originally posted by Liachem
              I'm trying to avoid using Rogaine. It's to expensive to use permanently. Plus it really smells and is extremely messy. I will be using the other two though.
              I would definitely reconsider this. 1) you can get the generic FOAM, which is not mess at all and super cheap. Go on Amazon and look up kirklands minoxidil. The foam dries quick and leaves little residue. 2) Minoxidil is a critical part of this treatment. With finasteride you are reducing DHT, which will allow the follicle to "survive", but in most cases, you won't have large regrowth... possible, yes, but with minoxidil you are drastically increasing your chances of getting regrowth.

Comment

• Liachem
                • Nov 2015

Deleted.
                Last edited by Liachem; 02-23-2016, 10:10 AM. Reason: Deleted, Double post.

Comment

• Liachem
                  • Nov 2015

Originally posted by jamesst11
                  I would definitely reconsider this. 1) you can get the generic FOAM, which is not mess at all and super cheap. Go on Amazon and look up kirklands minoxidil. The foam dries quick and leaves little residue. 2) Minoxidil is a critical part of this treatment. With finasteride you are reducing DHT, which will allow the follicle to "survive", but in most cases, you won't have large regrowth... possible, yes, but with minoxidil you are drastically increasing your chances of getting regrowth.

I see what your saying. The kirklands foam is just as expensive as Rogaine though and most of what I could find wasn't even a foam it was just the topical solution with he eye dropper. Which I've tried before and couldn't keep using it. I mean doing that for two days for the rest of life seems a bit mundane and I think would interfere with my life style. However, I've taken what you said into consideration and I found a cheap brand of mix foam. Here's the link http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00WKZ...minoxidil+foam have you ever tried this? The price is cheap for a 3 months supply. Only 20 bucks. If I went with the mix and fin treatment is prolly use this.

Comment

• WHTC Clinic
                    IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon
                    • Oct 2013

Of course, you could see a thickening effect by starting the medical therapy, but there's no way to predict how much regrowth you might see. You'll need to commit to them for at least one year to notice the benefits.

All the best
                    Click here for a free hair loss recommendation from Dr. Patrick Mwamba

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC clinic.

Consultations with Dr. Patrick Mwamba
                    London, UK - Available (Sat.)
                    Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Sat.)
                    Bologna, Italy - Available (Sat.)
                    Brussels, Belgium - Available (Mon. - Sun.)

Follow us: Facebook - Youtube - Pinterest

Email
                    customer.care@mywhtc.com
                    Telephone
                    +32 479-75-3281 (Belgium)
                    +44-203-318-6228 (UK)
                    les meilleures solutions chirurgicales pour la perte de cheveux

Comment

• Liachem
                      • Nov 2015

heres the correct link for the foam i found btw.... the other one didnt work

Comment

Working...